Sunday, September 4, 2011

Water

I have been craving water the last few days...not to drink, but to be in. Waking up yesterday the first thing I wanted was a long bubble bath, and today all I desired was a long swim in the lake (which ended up being floating and treading), followed by a very long shower that I couldn't make myself get out of. 


My dreams the last two nights have been all about water: first, on Friday night, dreaming that the lake was flooding and we had to get inland. We were scrambling to put all of our belongings in waterproof bags, and collecting the dog as we zoomed away from the flood. Then last night my dreams were of everyday occurrings yet it all took place in the water. Not in the sense of drowning, just that we were in calm, still water. 


I did a quick online search to find some dream interpretation sites, and found that dreaming of flooding can indicate repressed emotions that are overwhelming me, or that certain worries will soon be swept away. According to dreammoods.com,
"To see water in your dream symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To see calm, clear water in your dream means that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation."
I'm not sure how to translate all that to my life, but it does seem interesting that water is such a focus for me at the moment. Any thoughts? 


Tomorrow we are off to Leavenworth to float the river. Zeus even gets to come because they have special tubes just for dogs!


xoxo,


Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, it sounds like water is your parachute these days. Cling to the dreammoods.com interpretation. It sounds pretty accurate to me for a couple of reasons; I've read similar interpretations of calm water in dreams and your blog is filled with a sense of calm strength and certainty. I am awed by many of your writings and I come away each time feeling renewed and stronger, with a sense of hopefulness and "I can do it"ness! :) I think of you often and send good thoughts, and I whisper a prayer as well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete