Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another scan day

I woke up this morning to another bout of nausea. I think it is related to anxiety, because today I have another full body scan at 11am. Although I could probably get the results today if I wanted, I am going to wait and get them from Dr. Mankoff tomorrow at my appointment at 2 pm. This way we can discuss our plan at the same time, instead of me having the results and wondering over the next 24 hours what they mean.


It feels like I'm always waiting...waiting for the next test, the latest results, the next treatment. But I know this will be my life for the next five or more years, until my doctors can tell me that my cancer is cured. The key will be finding balance and peace in all those moments of waiting.


I went back to work yesterday and managed to work through a full, busy day. I work 10+ hour shifts, and there usually isn't much sitting involved, so I've obviously come a long way in my recovery to be able to be back to work now. I love feeling my energy (and happiness) returning bit by bit every day. I'm off work today for my scan, and leaving early tomorrow for my appointment with Dr. Mankoff at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), so it is nice to have a short week to get back into the swing of things. 


I'll update you all tomorrow after my appointment!


xoxo,


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment