Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Metamorphosis

Cancer is my cocoon. I began this journey as a caterpillar. A strong, nourished caterpillar, hungry for more but with no idea of the transformation to come. I will emerge from this a butterfly. Weak and fragile at first, but as my wings dry I will discover that I can flutter as high as I can dream; that I will have become more beautiful than I ever had the potential to imagine.

*****************************************************

I chose to create this metaphor because the butterfly represents the butterfly-shaped thyroid gland that was taken from me, and because of all that butterflies represent across cultures: rebirth, long life, the soul, marital bliss, and transformation, to name a few.


Location:NE Pacific St,Seattle,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment